Predoctoral Externship in Evidence-Based Treatments
CBC offers a collegial and intellectually stimulating environment and an outstanding opportunity to receive training and supervision in comprehensive CBT and DBT for a broad range of disorders with children, adolescents, and adults, and experience working with individual clients, groups, couples, and families.
Externs conduct individual, couples, family, and group therapy, and co-lead one or more CBT groups and/or DBT skills training groups with highly trained therapists/supervisors. This comprehensive training experience includes a 5-day CBT foundational and a 5-day DBT foundational training at our Schwartzberg Training Center, several hours of individual and group supervision per week, weekly DBT consultation team, monthly CBT consultation team, didactic seminars on CBT and DBT, disorder-specific case conferences, and a lecture series in which nationally and internationally renowned speakers are invited.
Externs have the option of participating in the following services:
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma Treatment Program
- Neuropsychological Testing and Executive Functioning
- DBT Step up Program for young adults
- OCD intensive program
- Social Anxiety Group program
- Fourth year doctoral candidates in a clinical or school-clinical psychology.
- Previous clinical experience providing CBT.
- Interest in Providing DBT.
- Twenty hours per week across three days.
- Friday being a mandatory training day. Other days are flexible.
- We comply with NYNJADOT-PSYDNYS guidelines.
- Submit a cover letter, CV, and two letters of reference to email@example.com (Attn.: Chad Brice, Ph.D.) The subject line should read: “CBC Externship Application”.
- In their CV or cover letter, applicants should describe their CBT (and if relevant, DBT) training (e.g. graduate coursework, workshops, clinical rotations). Applicants should also include information regarding the breadth and depth of their CBT and DBT clinical experiences (e.g. age ranges, presenting problems, supervisors, as well as length and type of supervision).
- Chad Brice, the Director of Training can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 385-1150 ext. 4735 for any questions.
Equal opportunity employer
CBC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.