Summer 2022 College Psychology Internship
Cognitive & Behavioral Consultants is a clinical and training center comprised of internationally recognized mental health professionals who specialize in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and provide the highest quality of clinical and wellness services, training and consultation, and coaching services, and conduct research. CBC’s headquarters is located in White Plains, New York with satellite locations in Manhattan.
College Psychology Interns are motivated undergraduate students who would like to learn about the field of clinical psychology.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related mental health field
- Good academic standing
- Coursework in psychopathology and research methods or statistics preferred
- Applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (both doses plus booster)
- 10 hours over two days per week from June 6, 2022 through July 29, 2022
- Internship will take place in-person, or virtually if necessary due to COVID-19
- Option to assist with Selective Mutism intensive treatment on Aug. 1-5, 2022, and OCD intensive treatment on Aug. 1 -4, 2022.
- Compensation: Unpaid; Reimbursement for travel/food expenses available
Duties and opportunities may include:
- Attending and observing clinical and administrative team meetings
- Attending didactic seminars
- Reading articles and chapters pertaining to CBT and DBT
- Attending CBT and DBT workshops hosted by CBC
- Assisting with databases, chart management and quality improvement
- Assisting program Directors with research, consultative or other clinically-focused projects
- Assisting with group or individual exposure therapy
- Please email a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation to Dr. Danielle François, College Psychology Internship Director: email@example.com. Please submit materials by March 1, 2022
Advanced internship opportunities are possible upon completion of the summer internship program.