Summer 2023 College Psychology Internship
Cognitive & Behavioral Consultants is a clinical and training center comprised of internationally recognized mental health professionals who specialize in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and provide the highest quality of clinical and wellness services, training and consultation, and coaching services, and conduct research. CBC’s headquarters is located in White Plains, New York with satellite locations in Manhattan.
College Psychology Interns are motivated undergraduate students who would like to learn about the field of clinical psychology.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related mental health field
- Good academic standing
- Coursework in psychopathology and research methods or statistics preferred
- Applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (both doses plus booster)
- 8-week, 10-hour per week commitment on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays from June 7, 2023 through July 28, 2023.
- Internship will take place in person at our White Plains office
- Possible opportunities to assist with intensive therapy programs (TBD based on scheduling)
- Compensation: Unpaid; Reimbursement for travel/food expenses available
Duties and opportunities may include:
- Attending and observing clinical and administrative team meetings
- Attending didactic seminars
- Reading articles and chapters pertaining to CBT and DBT
- Attending CBT and DBT workshops hosted by CBC
- Assisting with databases, chart management and quality improvement
- Assisting program Directors with research, consultative or other clinically-focused projects
- Assisting with group or individual exposure therapy
- Please email a cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation to Dr. Danielle François, College Psychology Internship Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe your interests in psychology, what you hope to gain from the internship, and what drew you to CBC. Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2023.
CBC is committed to providing training opportunities to people from groups historically underrepresented in the field of psychology, in order to increase representation and equity in mental health care. CBC has partnered with Access Psychology Foundation (APF) to provide a stipend of $1,500 to college interns from historically underrepresented groups. In your cover letter, please indicate if you would like to be considered for an APF-supported internship.
Advanced internship opportunities are possible upon completion of the summer internship program.